Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree

I was talking to my mom on the phone this afternoon and she was telling me about a date she went on the other day. We actually are the same person. Its funny that I turned out so much like my mother, but I guess I would be better off had I turned out more like my father.

My mother is a very sensitive, scared individual in a lot of ways. The more I think about how I react to certain events in my life, the more I begin to realize that I too am a sensitive, scared soul. Love right now seems like the cruelest thing on earth and I wish I could rip out whatever part of my mind responsible for the knot in my stomach. My dad moves through the stages of his life like a machine in a very categorized, scientific sort of way. There is a standard which he follows, dictated by norms, everything fits in a little box. I think I take my life on in a more circumstantial way, reacting to events according to past experiences.

I wish I was a machine...I also wish I could study certain people's parents to see which parent they most resemble. Maybe we can predict a person's future by examining what path each parent took and which parent they most resemble. Are you a kind house-wife who loves her kids to death or are you your dad; cause I don't really like your dad?

No comments: